Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

50MB on a 200mb circuit

The last week I have only been getting 50MB on my 200MB circuit I have done a service status check and it comes back as fine, is there any contention on the line that I should be aware of or should this be uncontended if so any ideas why I am getting a third of the speed that I am meant to get?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: 50MB on a 200mb circuit

Sorry meant to say I have done the usual reset the router etc. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

How are you speed testing?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Used an external provider speedtest.net, broadband speed test, .speedcheck.org they are all coming back with around 50 - 56mb download and roughly 20mb up. The upload speed is right but the download speed has definitely deteriorated since we had the outage in this area a couple of weeks ago when I was getting well over 100MB on the same tests.

Hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Gary meant.... on wired (ethernet cable) connected devices - or just on wifi connected ones ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Wired or wireless?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Sorry wired.

I have also done the test wireless getting similar results

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Wired with a gigabit capable machine and a ca5e/6/7 Ethernet cable?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yes to gigabit and tried cat 5e and 6 cables just in case.

Worked fine before we had an outage now since the recovery getting just over 50MB. So unlikely to be my devices, for clarity have tested on a number of different devices just to be on the safe side still getting the same responses. 

I also have a Cyberoam firewall so plugged direct into the Virgin router to eliminate that as well. 

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Post the Network, Upstream and Downstream logs from the hub here please

0 Kudos