Yes mate 100% 

Thanks for all your help so far 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 42 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Re: 5 weeks of drop outs!!

Think they private messged me to keep me from posting on here. Still waiting fora reply and  assistance from admin .... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 43 of 49
Flag for a moderator

HI Whitney,

I am sorry you still haven't manage to get this resolved, I have had a closer look into this and also mailed the AFM of your area and there is still a utilisation issue in your area the ticket number is F008008811 the estimated fix date is 22/07/20 @ 15:00, you have also got high SNR on your end, this is going to cause all the issues you are experiencing.

The technicians are working hard to get this resolved ASAP, I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

'

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 44 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply, what high SNR? So I've now gotta be without Internet till 22nd. Thats 3 months with no Internet....  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 45 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Hi Whitey32,

I am really sorry, I know exactly how you feel as I am in a similar boat myself, SNR is signal to noise ration, if this is too high or too low it will effect your services and cause it to be intermittent, the service will work but will remain intermittent until this is resolved.

Regards

Paul. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 46 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Ok fair enough. I'll look forward to my £8 a day for loss of service since 23rd May 😉

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 47 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Hi again.

If it is an underlying utilisation issue then you are deep into unknown territory. Depending on the various factors these sometimes take months or years to rectify. They basically signed up too many subscribers in an area in the past and now the system cannot cope with the incresead usage. Solutions might include VM installing extra capacity, moving people around or just waiting until people leave the area to drop the "utilisation" numbers - so you can appreciate the time constraints. It might be instructive to browse these fora for other perspectives on "utilisation" issues and options.

However, on the brighter side if you have an SNR issue - that might actually be causing the issues and might be more quickly resolvable - but I dont know enough about any "causal" relationship between over-utilisation and SNR - someone more technically qualified might comment soon.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 48 of 49
Flag for a moderator

just a quick update. Utilisation issue was meant to be fixed on 22nd July.... Still not working!

If its not fixed by the 27th then I'm going else where. No point having 200mbps if it don't work! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 49 of 49
Flag for a moderator

"..If its not fixed by the 27th then I'm going else where."

That will ease the utilisation issues somewhat, for others in your location 😎

I refer you back to the first two sentences in my message - No 7.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos