Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 11 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Re: 5 weeks of drop outs!!

• Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID
    1394000004.2512064 qam4
    2462000004.2512064 qam3
    3537000004.2512064 qam2
    4603000004.35512064 qam1

Upstream bonded channelsChannel Channel Type T1 Timeouts T2 Timeouts T3 Timeouts T4 Timeouts
    1ATDMA0000
    2ATDMA0000
    3ATDMA0000
    4ATDMA0000
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Hey there Whitey32, 

Did you see my previous reply regarding the BQM? 

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 13 of 49
Flag for a moderator

I dont know what a BMQ is 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 14 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 15 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I've just signed up and set one up. Does it just run in the background? Or do I have to do anything. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 16 of 49
Flag for a moderator

It runs on the "TB" server and they store all your data on a calendar day basis. So it will take a few hours to see anything building up - and a full day for it to be fully populated - take a quick look in an hour or two to see if its populating with data ok

Once you want to post the data her - use the "share a link"option they have - as it strips out the i.p. addresses etc - otherwise the VM Mods will reject your image/link

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 17 of 49
Flag for a moderator

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/ab9fe260c20c854bbca0f8a5f0b2b74e5bbb36a4-24-06-2020

Here is what you have requested.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 18 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Well thats pretty conclusive !! Your connection looks terrible and has big problems. Hopefully Lisa_ will see this and your awful web stats and get you a Tech visit booked asap. Or try calling in as if they look at the Hub stats they should see it instantly. They might send you down the reboot and see later route - dont accept that tell them politely "no its been done many times" and cite this data.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 19 of 49
Flag for a moderator

I've had 5 engineers out already, this is my 2nd new hub. People on the phone tell me its utilisation issues in the area but engineers tell me it's not. Hard wired devices are unusable aswell. I did ask to renew cables from green box which ain't far from my house stall and they said they cant do that. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 20 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Ask for a senior Tech to visit.
Not sure what they mean by "utilisation issues in the area" - is that too many subscribers? You need someone with a better understanding of what that looks like on a BQM and your Hub stats/logs to see if that makes sense.

EDIT: forgot to add your down power levels look much worse than the first set you posted and the postRS errors are off scale - might be worth a pinhole reset and see what they look like after that

Note that a pinhole reset on a Hub3 can be a bit problematic - so do it EXACTLY this way (not as the VM website says!).

Firstly, make sure the Hub's sticker/card with the two passwords on it is still there and legible or you will be stuffed !  If its not – DON’T DO IT !

With the Hub switched "on", disconnect any ethernet connections and then push in the “reset pin” with the end of a paperclip/thin nail or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT restart the Hub after that.  Leave it 10' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card.  Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings/admin one to access the Hub (it is a six digit numeric one).

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos