cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

45 times in 11 months

Chris123451
Tuning in

This is how bad virgin media is getting. In 11 months virgin media has switched my broadband off 45 times. Im convinced they are maliciously doing this on purpose. Been with this dreadful company for over 10 years, and this is how horrible it treats it's loyal customers. I'll definitely be switching after this when the contract is up, and moving too a more reliable broadband provider. I wouldn't even care if it's slower than this company but at least they won't turn it off like virgin media do. Anyone who reads this do yourselves a favour, and avoid this company at all costs. From what I've read online, they're the worst. Ive got 7 months of hell left on the contract, so that'll be another 30 odd times they'll be switching me off. That works every week for the next 7 months virgin media will be switching my broadband off for 30 minutes to 45 minutes each time. So by the time my contract is over virgin would off turned my broadband off at round 80 odd times. 

9 REPLIES 9

Chris123451
Tuning in

I'll keep you all updated on how many times virgin media will be switching my broadband off in the next 7 months, so your all be aware how dreadful this company is. They'll try an offer you the best deals at the lowest prices, then after that they'll mess you about once they got you in contract. Do not trust this company. They're super unreliable 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I assume that VM are not doing this willfully (why would they?)  and that there is a fault on you internet connection somewhere.  But if you have been told by VM that they are disconnecting you regularly - what reason have they given?

So.... can we clarify things... are your issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables?   If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What Hub model is it? What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens if a Hub3 is the base light a steady white(ish) or flashing green?

Once we know if its just wifi or network connection related -  we can investigate possible causes of the disconnections and advise on the best way to stop them

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Chris123451
Tuning in

Virgin media has now switched my broadband off 46 times in 11 months. Rang them tons of times, and they denie by blaming, and saying it's on my end. They replaced modem twice, and sent two engineers, and engineers checked all cables, and found nothing wrong but Virgin Media still continues to switch it off completely. Been in this address for 7 years, and had zero issues, and since Christmas last year I've had constant issues with virgin switching broadband off completely for 30 to 40 minutes every week at random times. The issue is on their end, and they refuse to fix it. Dreadful company. Avoid if possible.

Chris please see John's post. Please also set up a BQM

In a previous thread you attributed all of your disconnections to your use of VPNs and suggested that VM were acting maliciously in some way because of this VPN use.  There is no mention of this in this thread.

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Chris123451
Tuning in

Virgin media has now switched my broadband connection off 46 times in 12 months. They was turning it off every week but haven't turned my broadband off for an entire month until tonight at 2:50 in the morning. They waited till i started using my broadband before they switched it off again. They could of turned it off whilst i was sleeping before that from 11:00 pm till 2:30am. But no they literally waited for me to use my broadband before they switched it off again. This shows they're doing it out off spite maliciously. This is why im going to be exposing them on here every time they maliciously turn my internet off.so everyone is aware off Virgin Media. 

I'm using the hub 5, and ive only got the broadband package, and it's only used on two devices. One is my xbox series x wired, and the other device is my mobile Samsung S22 plus. The broadband turns off on both my devices. If im using my xbox series x online using wired connection the broadband switches off completely, and if I'm on my Samsung s22 the WiFi turns off with no broadband connection, and the modem itself continues to show the white light on the bottom right corner. The modem has been replaced twice by the engineer's. Both engineer's have both said their is no issue on my end. So this proves it's virgin media that is turning my broadband connection off. The issue is on their end. My broadband speeds are 140mb, and my upload is 20 mb. 

Hub 5, broadband package only. Devices used on the hub 5 are xbox series x wired, and Samsung S22 plus WiFi. 140mb download, and upload 20mb. Both devices get disconnected. If I'm playing on my xbox wired up the broadband disconnects or if I'm using my mobile phone the WiFi disconnects broadband disconnects on both devices. Modem has been replaced twice by two engineers, and both engineers have found zero issues on my end.

Client62
Legend

Off 40+ times, you must be quite an expert at this by now.

So when the VM internet goes off, exactly what do you have to do to get it back on again ?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Chris123451 wrote:

So this proves it's virgin media that is turning my broadband connection off. The issue is on their end. My broadband speeds are 140mb, and my upload is 20 mb. 

Doing that seems highly unlikely - never heard of VM doing that to a single customer... so something else is up.  Unlikely to be the Hub as the Tech changed it - have you changed the ethernet cables to new Cat6a (minimum spec) ones as old ones can drop out - for example if there is a break in the 8 small wires or loose connection in there.

And lets look at some connection data - particularly a BQM - can you do this...

Post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there.  In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) (DONT click these links) - and hit return. No need to log in - just click on the “Router Status” icon/text at bottom-middle (Hub3/4/5) or top/right (SH’s) - of the Login page.
Then… Navigate to these “data pages” and just copy/paste the normal “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 tables from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs pages. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again). If character limits are “exceeded” - just do two posts

Also, If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”. Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then, click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.