cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 day with no broadband from Virgin

JennyKiza
Joining in

What's going on? I live on East London and we've had no broadband service from Virgin for 4 days now. Status update just keep pushing back the the day and time the problem will be fixed. I am disabled and working from home so using the sim card in my laptop is very expensive. Not only that,  a couple of hours of netflix of an evening helps calm me down so I've been struggling this week with a build up of anxiety.

Did anyone know when this will be fixed?

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Any info you get on here will be nothing more than an estimated fix time. It is likely to be based on the same info you can see yourself on the service status pages. It is often suggested on here that the automated service status number 0800 561 0061 is the most accurate for local issues.

Make sure you have logged the fault with VM by phoning in, using one of the automated online tests (and getting a confirmation of a fault) or the above number so you are eligible for any compensation due. Capture some evidence of when you did these things as the compensation is sometimes not quite as 'automatic' as the name suggests.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JennyKiza

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

We apologise to the small number of customers in the East London area who may be experiencing issues with their services following extensive damage to our network caused by a third party. 

This should however now be resolved.

Are you still having issues since posting?

If so, could you please reboot the equipment & check all connections are secure.

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide