cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd wifi pod

Mrs_T2
Joining in

How do I order a 2nd pod? I was told I could do it through the connect app but it won’t open when the speed is only 0.05mbps. The pod I have keeps losing connection with the hub and can’t be detected so I think it’s too far away and probably needs a 2nd pod to fill the gap, I’m getting really fed up having to keep rebooting the pod 2 or 3 times a night, someone please help me. Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Move the Pod you have closer to the Hub until it is "stable". Then order the second Pod by calling 0800 064 3850

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Move the Pod you have closer to the Hub until it is "stable". Then order the second Pod by calling 0800 064 3850

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank you for replying, I moved the pod to the same room as the hub and still not detected on the connect app, I don’t know if it’s developed a fault, there’s no light on it and it’s warm to the touch but that could be normal, as you can probably tell I’m not tech minded, I’ll give virgin a ring and hopefully won’t have a battle to get a new pod

Edit… I marked the reply as helpful but my problem is not solved

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Mrs_T2, and a very warm welcome to you! 😊

Sorry to hear of the issues experienced on the Wi-Fi connection. 

Can you possibly place the Wi-Fi pod in either 1 or 2 rooms away from the router?

It sounds like the first location might have been a bit too far away and then new location (being in the same room) is a little too closer to benefit an extension of the Wi-Fi signal.

If you're able to possibly advise us of a description of the layout of your property, as well as where the router is located and which areas struggle for Wi-Fi signal, we maybe be able to advise where best to place the Wi-Fi pod.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn