cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd wi-fi pod needed

haylane
Joining in

I tried to order a second wi-fi pod using the chat facility today, unfortunately after waiting 2 hours to get through and 1 hour of chat I was told that they could not put me through to the right department!

So I’m posting in the hope this will be picked up by a moderator and that they can help me order a second wi-fi pod. 

I already have one pod successfully working for the past week and have wifi max. In just one area of my property the wifi speed is still under 30 sometimes under 20, otherwise everything is fine. 

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @haylane 

VM will only send out one at a time, and there must be at least  7 days before ordering each one. It's up to three in total depending upon coverage. 

Following that if you need additional pods you can order them by logging into /my-virgin-media, as per the info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max ?

How do I get a second or third WiFi Pod?
If you’re not getting download speeds of at least 30Mbps in every room with one WiFi Pod, you can request a second or third by signing in to My Virgin Media, clicking on Your Package and following the steps in the WiFi Max tab
Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you for the reply but I still need help in ordering a wifi pod.

I have waited a week between pods, and my tests show slower wifi than 30Mbs, but unfortunately there is no way way to order pods online on the links you suggested, either a phone call or a chat is needed. After waiting two hours to connect to chat and spending one hour chatting I was told they were unable to order pods and to post on this forum asking for for help. 

Sorry to hear this, I have taken a look at the account and since this post I can see you've spoke to the team did they resolve this for you? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

haylane
Joining in

Thank you. yes resolved via a pm from the forum team. Many thanks.