Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

2nd V6 box with no internet connection

I called a virgin media technician out to check wifi, he got it to 200 next to the hub, but this dropped to 4-5 where my PC is.

I bought a TP link Deco S4 wifi mesh to replace the woeful wifi from the hub 3.0. The technician recommended a wifi mesh such as this.

I've set it up and it works wonderfully, with the exception of the 2nd V6 box upstairs, which now has no internet at all. The main V6 box has internet, and the wifi is working wonderfully throughout the house. Why isnt the 2nd box getting internet? I cant see a cable that should be connected?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2nd V6 box with no internet connection

Try reconnecting the V6 box using the V6 settings menu.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for the reply. Ive tried that, it cannot find a connection!

Edit. Sorry, I'm an idiot. I thought it was an Ethernet connection but it isn't! I've now connected to Wi-Fi!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You have to look in the list of available networks an identify the new network name, then select it and hit connect and it asks you to input the new password.

Or does the V6 not "see" your new network? What network is your other V6 connected to? Is the co-ax connection to it in nice and tight?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Swap the V6 boxes to see if the other box can get the signal.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos