Menu
deanody
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

200mb only getting 76mb

well its started again couple of weeks ago they upgraded me because i was cancelling ,give me 200mb instead of 100mb i always got around 100mb ,since the upgrade i was getting about 44mb was told problem with the cable that comes down the street ,pulled new cable in getting 200mb then slowly day by day loosing mb now weekends lucky ifi get 76mb ,virgin why am i paying for something i am not getting also was without tv and internet for four days was told i would be compensated still nothing ,because i am paying for something i am not getting does this mean i can cancel anytime without charges

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: 200mb only getting 76mb

Did you get a new Hub with the upgrade? If not what Hub do you have SH2 or Hub3?

Worth a pinhole reset to see if that sorts it.

Make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
deanody
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have hub 4 I have reset it still same I will try again later let you know

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

if you have the hub4 on 200M you are likely in a congested area so you may be out of luck.
0 Kudos
deanody
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Very congested everybody  complaining always going off mum lives around the corner and sister all same virgin green cab when engineer goes to one of there houses you can guarantee Internet speed drops at one of our houses if not loose Internet all together, I am right in thinking I can cancel because I don't get the speeds I am paying for. 

0 Kudos
stabilo00
Superfast
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

In theory you could cancel as long as you are quoting ethernet speed and not wifi
deanody
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes it is ethernet speed not wifi

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi deanody, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are not getting your full speeds. 

I've taken a look at the account to see what's going on and as it stands, all looks good. The hub levels are optimal, there are no timeouts and nothing to suggest that you would be getting slow speeds. There is nothing showing as being wrong in the area either. 

You've mentioned you are connecting via an ethernet cable, are you connecting through any third party equipment or is it just Hub to pc/laptop? 

Can you run a test through speedtest.net and post the results here?

It's also worth rebooting the laptop or PC into safe mode with networking and re re-running it again. Post the screenshots here and we can go from there 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos