Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

2 x PS4's on Same Router

Hi All, recently acquired a second PS4 so my son can play me online but whilst in an online game together they both drop out at exactly the same time

I have tried separate connections, one Wi-Fi one wired, I have tried port forwarding to one and also static IP addresses

I have even resorted to using a vpn Wi-Fi hotspot from an old laptop all to no avail

If anyone is successfully using 2 PS4's on their network for online gaming and is able to join others in their house online, please let me know how

Cannot believe in this day and age just connecting another PS4 has such a dramatic effect

Please help

Regards

Paul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 x PS4's on Same Router

Instead of playing 'online' can you play over the LAN instead ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What hub do you currently have?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alessandro

I have a hub 3.0

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mikerobbo, how would this work please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried connecting any of them both with an ethernet cable instead of wireless?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

when you say "drop out" do you mean lose their wireless/wired connection completely, or just get booted from the game you're playing?

the ps4s will be using uPNP to ask the hub to dynamically assign/open ports for games - can you check if this is enabled in the hub settings (sorry, no idea where this is in the settings, only that it exists)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi tehwolf

It kicks us from the game and quotes that connection to the server has been lost, then there is an option to reconnect which it does instantly

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

have you ever configured any static port forwards on the router?  

In addition to checking whether or not uPNP is enabled, have a look at the port forwarding configuration - uPNP and static port forwards don't play nicely together..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi tehwolf

I have uPnP activated and all port forwarding has been deleted, I have tried with one wired and one on WiFi but I think it may be a Playstation Network issue as we are able to play the same game online for hours just not in the same lobby room, it's driving me crazy!!!!!

0 Kudos