Menu
Alexlucas88
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

2 weeks to fix connection?!

Can someone please point in the direction of where I can seek more information regarding a severe broadband outage? I require a constant connection for my remote access for work, but since last Monday the internet has been down or intermittent, making work almost impossible.

Call centre largely useless. Have signed up for text alerts who, on 2 occasions have simply said 'an engineer is on the way'. The last said an engineer is on the way, but the expected fix date is the 25th October! Have made complaint, but instead of providing a full written response as requested, I get a call whilst in the middle of work which I can not take. 

Complete lack of information and totally unacceptable for a 2 week estimated fix. Will be proceeding to the regulator shortly if no response to complaint provided along with the expected reimbursement. 

Fault code F007346225

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 weeks to fix connection?!

Hello

As you have a fault reference you are entitled to compensation with regards to how long it will take as your on consumer broadband there is no SLA (Service Level Agreement) for consumer where as if you were on business broadband you would have a SLA of between 12 - 48 depending on the service taken out.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

There is nothing we can do to resolve the issue here.

Mike

I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT.
0 Kudos
Alexlucas88
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So it's just a case of put up with unusable broadband for 2 weeks is it?

Are Virgin Media going through a recruitment crisis for engineers? 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Super solver
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

It will depend on lots of factors, do they need to get permission of the council to dig up the road, order equipment etc. Under the consumer plan I afraid there is nothing much we can do.

Mike

39 years in IT.
0 Kudos
Alexlucas88
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Do you have the contact details for someone / department at Virgin who can provide me with a detailed update/response as to what an earth is going on in that case? 

Last time I phoned the call centre it sounded like I had woken the operator up. 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Super solver
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

The only think you can do is too wait until a staff member picks up this post.

Mike

39 years in IT.
0 Kudos
sandrawilliams
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear you have similar problems to myself.  For us this is still dragging on 7 weeks later 😞

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/HUB-3-0-Reports-Access-Denied-Error/td-p/40...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alexlucas88, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry to hear you've been affected by an area outage, if we're aware of an issue we'd always aim to have this resolved as soon as possible.

I've checked today and can see this is now showing as resolved. Please let me know if you are still experiencing any issues.

Your complaint is with the correct team and you will be contacted again regarding this.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos