Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

2 broadband cable connections on wall

I have 2 different sized Internet connectors in my wall. One I use for virgin. Does that mean the other one could be used for other providers? I want to switch providers but was under the impression it would mean I need to get an engineer out to switch connections because I'm on broadband. Something I'm keen to avoid during covid.

Does this 2nd connector mean I might already be set up and I can just plug in a new router myself from the new provider? 

Thanks 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 broadband cable connections on wall

Hello

Can you please post a photograph of the sockets, VM uses their own infrastructure and it is different to that of the other providers, what does the box have written on it.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 broadband cable connections on wall

Depends what the second connection is for.

And usually you can’t just “plug in a router” as it will also require some form of modem (VDSL or Cable) or a 2-in-1 hub. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos