Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

2 Wifi networks in home, which one to select for Netgear Booster

Hello, can someone please help me? I have recently taken a M200 Fibre broadband connection from VM, There are 2 networks created in VM connect app, one with 2.4 Ghz and another with 5Ghz. The reason of creating seperate connections are the 2.4 Ghz (less then 100 mbps) is having low speed and the one with 5Ghz is actually giving 200Mbps speed.

my question is -

i have a netgear Ex2700 wifi extended to multiple rooms, when i am connecting the extended with my wifi networks it is auromatically selecting the wifi network with 2.4Ghz capacity that means the extended wifi network is of lower bandwidth signal. How to select the 5Ghz network for wifi extended through WPS button.

thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 Wifi networks in home, which one to select for Netgear Booster

Have you split the bands and given them different SSID’s?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes ofcourse. Just logged in my wifiext and got to know that the nervear extender is not supportive of 5GHz network.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That’ll be why you can’t extend it then 🙂

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Your extender supports only 802.11n and I haven't seen a device this old in ages. I suggest you buy a device which supports 802.11ac, plenty of them around and they will support both 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos