Menu
jamalbastawi
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

2.4ghz not working

For the past few days my 2.4ghz wifi on my hub 3.0 isnt working. It keeps saying that the I.P adress couldnt be found on any of the devices i've attempted to connect it to. My 5g on the other hand is working perfectly fine. 

I've tried running a test and changing channels etc. but nothing has worked so far.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2.4ghz not working

Try refining the WiFi settings ...

Advanced Settings > Wireless Signal > click ‘Disable Channel Optimization’ > Click ‘Apply Changes’.

Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security > Add 2 to the 2.4GHz Channel name > Add 5 to the 5 GHz Channel name > Click ‘Apply Changes’

You can leave the passwords the same as they are.

Log out of the Hub.

You will need to reconnect all you WiFi devices some will want to connect to 5Ghz and some to 2.4GHz and some will connect to either.

2.4GHz is a stronger signal but slower than 5GHz so if you have problems on 5GHz change to 2.4GHz.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
jamalbastawi
Just joined
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

this hasn't solved the issue, im still getting "couldn't get IP adress" 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Try this ...

Switch off the device.

Reboot the Hub and then when it is up and running restart the device.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi jamalbastawi, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble with the connection, have you been able to try what MikeRobbo has suggested?

I've run a health check of your account and it is showing that there are short term multiple customer performance issues in the area. This could be causing the connectivity and performance issues. 

Our support teams are aware and will look into this to get it resolved as soon as possible.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
H4bs
Just joined
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've had the same issue now for over a month.  Is this a wider Virgin Media issue?

0 Kudos