Menu
DadMalk
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

2.4ghz and 5ghz has gone after reset

Hi, I wonder if someone can help me please.  After speaking to the worlds rudest man at Virgin yesterday due to my internet bein so slow, Netflix would not run with any sound, I was told to reset the router with the pin and then sacking me off the phone.  After doing this the 2.4ghz and 5ghz has disappear - I now only have one internet thingy to click on and the internet speed feels like wading through treacle.  Do I need to do anything to get these back (2.4 and 5ghz) and will it make any difference?  I would be grateful for any helpful response.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my plight.

Michael 

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 2.4ghz and 5ghz has gone after reset

Following the reset, your hub is broadcasting the 2.4 and 5ghz networks with the same name.. 

You can log into the hub on http://192.168.0.1 - browse to advanced -> wireless and rename the two networks in there (add a _2 and a _5 or whatever they were before)

whilst you're there, you should also disable channel optimisation (advanced -> wireless -> smart wifi)

then save/reboot and it should come back up as before.

as for "will it make a difference" - it certainly seems to for some people - give it a go and see. 

DadMalk
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 2.4ghz and 5ghz has gone after reset

Thank you so very very much, I will try this - im very grateful as Im techie useless. Thank you for taking the time out of your life to help me. Much appreciated.