cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.4Ghz Keeps Dropping

RehtaehM
Joining in

I have the Hub 4 and to use my printer and a couple of other devices, I need the 2.4Ghz signal rather than the 5Ghz signal. I have done a reboot via signing into the router, and also using the pinhole reset on the back of the router. I followed some other posts and have split the signals to have their own SSID and also disabled smart wifi. It worked once then it’s not working again. The two different SSID’s show when searching for a wifi signal on my phone, then the 2.4Ghz disappears when I switch my printer on. It’s really frustrating as all I want to do is use my printer ☹️ any suggestions please? Thanks 

9 REPLIES 9

Client62
Legend

The instruction manual for the printer will explain exactly how to configure a network printer using Wi-Fi and also using a Network cable if that is an available.

The makers manual will also explain how to install / configure the drivers on your computer to use the printer over a network connection.

Hi, I’m using the printer via my smart phone to print documents rather than connecting to a computer. The printer manual online I’m sure did mention about you may need to split the frequency on your router, as it needs the 2.4Ghz. It’s the same issue with my sons watch, it needs this frequency to connect and the 2.4Ghz SSID will show sometimes on his watch, but not all the time. Everything worked great on my old router but this Hub 4 has been a nightmare 

Client62
Legend

You installed this printer with the previous ISP's Router / Hub, just follow the exact same procedure again with the Hub 4.

Is the problem the old ISP's Router is still turned on and the Printer or Mobile can connect at random to either VM or the old ISP.

My old ISP was VM also. I’ve completed a factory reset on the printer also to try and it will still doesn’t work. My parents ISO is VM and I’ve tried the printer in their house, it works fine connecting to their 2.4Ghz, their router has the two frequencies and different SSID’s so definitely not the printer

Client62
Legend

Disable Smart Wi-Fi / Channel Optimisation on the Hub 4, this are often far more trouble then they are worth.

Set the 2.4 GHz Channel to 1 or 6 or 11.   We don't care about the 5GHz channel, the printer does not use that.

Does the Printer see the Hub 4 now ?

ttt3
On our wavelength

We don't care about the 5GHz channel

do Virgin use a 5Ghz channel ?

Client62
Legend

VM Hubs do have dual band Wi-Fi on 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. 

I completed a pinhole reset of the router and went through your steps again Client62 and it’s worked. Thanks very much! Fingers crossed this is it fixed 🤞🏻

RehtaehM
Joining in

48 hours later and I’ve switched the printer on and it’s not connecting again. No 2.4GHz signal is showing on any device to connect to 🤦🏼‍♀️