Menu
ukmartian
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

2.4 ghz overloaded ??

I have just spoken to someone on the technical team at VM about my 2.4 Band losing connection .I have smart devices plugs T stats TV tablets, the normal stuff..he had told me that I am overloaded with 18 items..although it always happens in the night when nothing is being used..he said that I need extenders and pods or disconnect my stuff, what ever that means...any help out there please 

0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 2.4 ghz overloaded ??

The VM hub is possibly overloaded with that number of devices, but they all do not transmit much data. I think your best bet is to put the VM hub into modem mode and purchase your own router and possibly a Wireless Access Point to cover all your home. This would easily cope with that number of devices. My WAP can cope with up to 250 wireless clients on each band.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
ukmartian
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi thanks any particular type of router and wireless access point ??

0 Kudos
ukmartian
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

After another disconnection last night left me with all sorts of problems I have been into the router and hopefully made some improvements...I found my 5ghz had been disabled and the password reset to factory default...so I have now turned it back on gave it a new ssid and also reconnected some of my devises to that band..the 2.4 is now down from 21 devises to 13...hopefully that will sort it out a bit...thank for all the input 

0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I exclusively use Ubiquiti/Unifi equipment. I have router, switches, Access Points, cameras and network video recorder, probably about £1800’s worth of equipment. Most is high end, the router supports up to 10g on the WAN and LAN ports.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos