cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1gb installed

Duffyg
Joining in

Have just installed 1gb broadband and since installed I have never actually achieved the 1gb speed or anything near it. In difference room I get different speeds from room with router (hub5) 700mb to around 250mb in bedroom’s. I had a hub 3 previously 300mb and I got around the 300 mb in every room. I have had 3 engineers look at this but not any better engineers are stumped. Any ideas?? I know I will not get 1gb but looking for much faster than 700mb in room with hub??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

carl_pearce
Community elder

What speeds are your wireless devices capable of?

You must have WiFi-6 at both ends and even then 1Gbps to one device is only possible when very close to the HUB.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How are you testing, wired or Wifi?  What device are you testing with?

With a wired connection, run a FULL test on this website and post the results - www.samknows.com/realspeed

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

carl_pearce
Community elder

What speeds are your wireless devices capable of?

You must have WiFi-6 at both ends and even then 1Gbps to one device is only possible when very close to the HUB.

Duffyg
Joining in

Purchase 1gb broadband and since install I am running around 600 mgb at the router, and between 300-450 the rest of the house. Boost pods when switched on slow the speed further. Have had 4 engineers look at this and all are stumped. I last spoke to VM customer service on Friday who told me I would get a call back Monday still waiting on that call. Paying for something I am not getting ready to cancel.

What does this site show?

https://samknows.com/realspeed/

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Upgrading the broadband speed won't upgrade the WiFi speed if the wireless devices aren't capable of it. Are they all WiFi 6 capable? 

VM only guarantee 30Mbps with their Pods 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@jpeg1 wrote:

VM only guarantee 30Mbps with their Pods 

I thought it was 20Mb? VM upping the bar😮  

---------------------------------------------------------------