cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1Gig and hub 5

wyre
Superfast

i  have been have slight problem with my hub4  it  is  telling my i am offline  not just one device  for about 1 second  even though my devices are showing i am still online. yesterday i saw on your site the package i am on  now show the package comes with hub5  when i requested  one i was told 3 different things

1 it is still on test

2  not avaible on my pack

3 the hub4 is better than  hub5 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi wyre, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having this issue. Can you advise if the connection is dropping on that device and if it is, is it only that device it's dropping on?

The Hub 5 is no longer in a soft launch phase and is now more available. If you would like to upgrade to the Hub 5 then you can speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 who can check things with you. Please note that usually upgrading your equipment will come with a £35 activation fee. 

Let us know what you decide to do. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

1. I believe it has just come out of ‘test’.

2. It is only, I think, for new customers 

3. The jury is still out.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi wyre, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having this issue. Can you advise if the connection is dropping on that device and if it is, is it only that device it's dropping on?

The Hub 5 is no longer in a soft launch phase and is now more available. If you would like to upgrade to the Hub 5 then you can speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 who can check things with you. Please note that usually upgrading your equipment will come with a £35 activation fee. 

Let us know what you decide to do. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

morning Kath

the problem seams to have cleared up it was on all  my devices, i have scanned my flat  and all my rooms have a strong signal   .  i would like to up graed please  thanks

when you says sort things out   do you mean just my deatils  or  is it just  certain area that the hub5 is avaible

rang 150 they said i could have a hub 5 but your out of stock till December .  a couple of question  can i ask here   i  have  had homeworks  added which i did not  ask for and my unlimited data sim  removed  which again i did not ask for  it isa o2 sim

Hello wyre

Thanks for your post.

Sorry about the stock issues with the Hub5.

The Homework and Sim enquiry, will need to be removed and re added by our Customer Service Team,  

We as a Forum Team are not able to adjust packages sorry.

You can call us 0345 454 1111 or You can use our WhatsApp messaging service on 0730 532 7112 

Gareth_L

Hi,

I'm on 1Gig with a Hub 4, I called 0345 454 1111 & was advised I can't have a Hub 5. Apparently it's only available for new customers, people with Hub 3 or older & people upgrading to 1Gig.

There seems to be various answers depending on who you speak to. I run multiple computers on a 10GbE network (also supports 2.5GbE) so I could benefit from the extra speed.

Any help/advise/clarification would be appreciated

Thanks

yet Here is Virgin's press release:

“We are excited to give our existing customers first access to the Hub 5, powered by WiFi 6 technology, which will provide even faster WiFi speeds and help unleash the full potential of new devices from next-gen games consoles to the newest smartphones in their homes.”

As part of a phased roll-out, Virgin Media will offer the Hub 5 to existing customers first at no extra cost.

It goes on to say about a trial period where invited customers were for that trial.

https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/virgin-media-launches-its-first-ever-wifi-6-broadband-router/

and thats what various other sites also reported.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Thats all correct - with current Hub4/5 supply issues it makes perfect business sense not to simply hand out Hub5's to exiting 1GB customers with good connections on their Hub4's - but to preserve stocks for new 1GB customers.

When Hub supplies are restored to normal I am sure they will change that

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.