Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

1GB - 4.0 router - how to change Nats to moderate

Playing Destiny 2 but over this past week had a variety of dropped game moments and an old pastime "Verify Steam files" BUT this morning in the opening of the game a message appeared "Your NATS's setting is STRICT and can create issues" similar to what I have mentioned above - I have tried to contact Virgin but the plastic shields for covid 19 are getting in the way. I am currently in a typing chat session that states " it may take 24 hours to get back to me. I did check ingame setting for NATS and it is moderate, so that rules the game out?? Any suggestions if simply written and not high tech so i can follow appreciated

Many Thks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1GB - 4.0 router - how to change Nats to moderate

Reboot the Hub4.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Get your own router with 1Gb ports to fix NAT type and hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

For the best online gaming experience and the least restrictions with who you can connect with and what you can do, such as in-game chat, matchmaking, etc, you ideally want an Open NAT.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Greetings,

I posted a few days ago regarding the NAT setup on my router/modem 4.0 firstly to understand I hate changing any settings I dont fully understand.

1) To the best of my ability the only indication for this setup (Nats) is in my game itself (Destiny 2) I cannot locate any indicator within my Virgin equipment

2)For the past 4000 hours of play time I have lived with intermittant game dropouts, various error codes, steam file validations, this past week has been a pain which started me hoping to try and improve my game time, and find out WHY - with soooo many game comments re ping, latency, game dropouts, connection error codes, I figured a good starting point would be MY broadband connection, the upcoming new DLC 6th Nov (to buy or not to buy?) alas getting through to anyone at Virgin is about as frustrating as playing my game, maybe worse so if I live with my game problems....I can still game

3)Yesterday 23/10/2020 - I checked my ingame Stun Test/ NATs setting at 06.44 - OPEN - PORT 3097 - it remained like this until I logged off at 08.44. LOGGED IN at12.30 - OPEN - PORT 3097....LOGGED OUT 14.06 - OPEN - PORT 3097........LOGGED IN 17.50 - MODERATE - PORT 3097, this status remained with other log ins and outs through to 21.51 last night. Today 24/10 I have still to login.

4) I hope this makes sense to someone cos it makes no sense to me at all settings change over which i have no control

Regards

Bill

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

So do you require assistance or...?

As doing so means making changes you “may not understand”. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Greetings,

Many thanks -  chatting with my good lady about what to do , she said a friend of hers has a husband with  gaming experience and she thinks he owns or used to own a computer shop - they are away for a few days and my wife will contact her on their return and I can chat to him for help PHEW !! this could be my break that with your help may  help sort out my mysterious problems hopefully by end of next week😅.

If you dont mind passing on to me any information that I can print out I would really appreciate it sorry i did not realise you had actually sent several emails to assist me 1) I did reboot my 4.0 router modem as suggested, but from my latest email it obviously did not solve my problem, and it puzzles me as to why the game claimed I had "STRICT" Nats by posting a warning ingame, with me keeping an eye on the stun test/nats ingame most the time its open  and changes to moderate but NO sign of STRICT as yet.

Many thanks I will revert back to you if and when changes are made just to keep you informed of our success.

Thanks

Bill

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Your NAT needs to be Open really.

Are you connecting via wired or wireless?

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Wired via virgin booster

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The booster is likely causing the issue then especially if it’s a powerline one.