Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

12 month becoming 30 day rolling

Afternoon all,

So I purchased a 12-month contract in the Black Friday sales last year, I'm paying £25 per month until 02 Dec, then my price increases to £49. 

I've just been told by Virgin over the phone that this will become a 30-day rolling contract, rather than another 12 month, but I can't see this in the contract anywhere and wondered if anyone knew if this was correct or normal practice? 

I'm potentially moving to an area where Virgin Media is not available and would therefore need to cancel and switch, but I would not want to end up having to pay £400 odd for the whole year for leaving early.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 12 month becoming 30 day rolling

Yes once the contract has expired you move onto the 30-day roller. Note if you change package or get new equipment that normally starts a new contract - so dont change anything,
Then just give the 30 days notice as appropriate

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Okay that's good to know, I just wasn't able to find it anywhere so wanted confirmation, just incase.

Many thanks, John! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

its standard practice over all ISP

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Great stuff, thanks for the info! 

Then I assume cancellation/exit fees would simply be what's left of the 30 days?

Many thanks!

0 Kudos