cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100mbit conection but 1gb on house laptop

paul2e0pbp
Dialled in

Hi right here we go the other month i lost internet to my mine computer rest of house fine i tried a addon network card still same so i bought a new motherboard and a reinstall of windows 10 well yesterday all day i only had 100mb line again so checked everything i.e. shorts in cable where i have screwed conduate to wal nothing so this morning removed my back up hdd and a reinstall of windows 10 still same 100mb showing on adapter properties not1gb any ideas ? thanks in advanced

paul

4 REPLIES 4

paul2e0pbp
Dialled in

Untitled.jpg

"100mb showing on adapter properties"

The typical reasons are : -

1. The driver of the computer is set to 100 full duplex - remedy make sure 1Gb/s exists on the list but select Auto.

2. The computer is connected to a 10/100 device like a Basic Network Switch / AV600 Powerline Adaptor /  a WiFi Extender - 10/100 is the max in this case.

3. The computer is direct connected to the Hub ( 1Gb/s <--> 1Gb/s ) but an out of spec or defective network cable is de-rating the link from 1000 to 100,
in this situation a new network cable e.g. CAT6A  or better is the remedy.

paul2e0pbp
Dialled in
driver issue fixed 😛

Hi thanks for the reply it was the driver windows must have reset the driver because it was a 2015 driver alls well now with 2021 drivers 😛