cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100% packet loss every 30 mins - phone and chat support not helpful

adargon
On our wavelength

Hi everyone, I am looking for some help with my VM connection.

I am experiencing 100% packet loss for around 1 minute every 30 minutes. It means that calls are dropped and streaming is interrupted. Really annoying!
This is the second time it has happened in the last 2 weeks. This current issue started 4 days ago and has been consistently happening ever since. 
Here is a link to my live BQM showing the issue: 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/bf00f00c58f87889c7dc573922c48b2baa834a3d

plus here's the actual image from today so far:

Capture.PNG

Here is what I have tried so far.
Restart the hub
Pinhole (factory) reset.
Phone support - they told me to wait for 4 days as there was a problem in the area. The issue reported is with catchup TV services, not broadband.
Chat support - same as above

I understand that if there is a VM problem in the area it can affect my services. However, that issue has existed for 2 months and my internet has been fine for most of that period. This does feel like a separate issue.
It is a really frustrating issue that I think most people wouldn't even be able to prove is happening. They'd just put it down to their device being flakey.

I'd like to speak with someone at VM that can offer some genuine advice other than 'turn it on and off again'. Any advice is gratefully received.

Thanks
Andy

20 REPLIES 20

Hi @adargon thanks for your post and we're sorry to hear that the issue has returned for you.

At the time of writing, there aren't any issues on the line but please let us know if this hasn't settled down after 24 hours and we can take another look here.

Please keep us updated!
Many thanks

Tom_W