cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100% packect loss

SnowfirE77
On our wavelength

So I stupidly came back to virgin, I'm on the biggest most expensive package available.

Ever since returning I've had virgin TV problem's, phone number wasn't even ported from BT and had to go through the port number again which let to another by bill due to the incompetents of virgin media.

And now, I'm getting 100%packet loss on my xbox series x, online gaming is abysmal.

If anyone is considering moving to virgin DONT.

I've been with virgin for a month, and my first bill was £158.

I will be phoning in the morning and if this crap isn't sorted I will be going back to the somewhat slower but more reliable bt.

5 REPLIES 5

g0akc
Problem sorter

Parking the issues you've had for now, what it the connection like overall?

Have you plugged a computer/laptop into the hub?  Is that OK?  Speed, reliability?

WiFi to devices?

In other words is this a bad broadband connection or is it only affecting gaming?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

SnowfirE77
On our wavelength

Trying to have a game of battlefield 2042 on xbox series x last night, I thought it was bad hit reg.

Done a network test and I had 100% packet loss, so yes affected gaming alot.

Hi SnowfirE77,

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with the connectivity on your Xbox, I appreciate this must be especially frustrating when wanting to play a new game.

Is your Xbox connected via WiFi or ethernet cable? Also, you mentioned you're receiving 100& packet loss however from your post it sounds like you are still able to receive some sort of connection. If you are connected wirelessly, can you please try factory resetting your hub and seeing how things go?

Are all other devices in the home working ok?

Thanks

Beth

Beth

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

100% packet loss means you have no connection at all, which doesn't seem to be the case.

If you can set up a free BQM and post a live link here, we can see what your connection looks like.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @SnowfirE77

Just checking back to see how things are looking, have you been able to set up the BQM as advised? 

Are you also able to answer the questions my colleague has posted? 

Thank you.