Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

1 gig dropping 2/3 times a day?

30e7a5c174615d75a7e6710c6b2748a71a03ba86 bqm.pngScreenshot (11).png

can anyone advise me why this is please?

thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1 gig dropping 2/3 times a day?

Hello

I am afraid that the images of your network logs cannot be approved for posting as they contain your MAC address which is classed as personal information and should not be posted in an open forum, as well as being against the forum rules.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

hello mike 

im sorry i dont know how to post them as never had too before.

yet i see other people posting them how can i sort this?

many thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

copy/paste it from the hub into there, don't post photos of it.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 23; Chan ID: 159; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: N/A.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out; CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Ranging Request Retries exhausted; CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Unicast Maintenance Ranging attempted - No response - Retries exhausted; CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 5; Chan ID: 4; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: N/A.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

DHCP RENEW sent - No response for IPv4;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
DHCP REBIND WARNING - Field invalid in response;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
DHCP Renew - lease parameters tftp file-cmreg-vmdg640-bbt076+voc-b.cm modified;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

it's the downstream and upstream data that needs posted.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 5; Chan ID: 4; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: N/A.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
DHCP RENEW sent - No response for IPv4;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

DHCP REBIND WARNING - Field invalid in response;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@roger50 That BQM isn't showing any dropouts, in fact (by cable internet standards) it's actually looking very good.  Take a look at the horrors in spgray's BQM to see what a bad connection looks like.

This isn't to say that you aren't having problems, but it is to say that at the moment (and including the Network log entries) I'm not seeing anything the suggests your broadband connection is faulty.  So at the moment my thoughts are:

1) Wireless problems - what devices are dropping out, and how do they connect to the hub?

2) If the problem affects wired devices as well, then possibly a faulty router (the hub is a combined cable modem and router, and for the most part the BQM is showing the performance of the modem).

3) Any other symptoms - speeds OK?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos