cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account set up

memike
Tuning in

new costume to virgin and trying to set up account on myvirginmedia app but keep getting to password and states "you can't use this password choose another"

I've read other people's posts and cleared all history, cache, tried different browsers even a different tablet but still no luck

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @memike,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

It's great to have you on board with us 🙂

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue when trying to sign up for your online account. It is a wider issue we are aware of and that has been raised with our support team but in the meantime can you please confirm your password meets the below requirements:

- Between 8-10 characters

- Start with a letter

- Contain at least one number

- No special characters

Please let us know if this works or if you need anymore help.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @memike,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

It's great to have you on board with us 🙂

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue when trying to sign up for your online account. It is a wider issue we are aware of and that has been raised with our support team but in the meantime can you please confirm your password meets the below requirements:

- Between 8-10 characters

- Start with a letter

- Contain at least one number

- No special characters

Please let us know if this works or if you need anymore help.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

hello ayisha and thanks for your reply 

yes i have tried several variations of password to meet the requirements but still keeps saying 'you cant use that password please choose another'

i have included image below for you 

Screenshot_20220531-171447_Samsung capture.jpg

Thanks for trying!

I have checked our systems and can see you spoke with our team yesterday and an IT ticket has been raised with our support team.

The turnaround is usually 5-7 working days to resolve so hopefully you'll hear back from the team soon!

Keep us posted.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

thanks aiysha

yes i did speak with them after posting this initial post. they were helpful but didn't get a ticket number or reference. is that normal? 

Hi memike, thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry to that your online account activation issue is still not resolved and that you did not receive your reference number for the I.T. ticket. I am going to send you a private message so that we can update you.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.
Regards

Lee_R