cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You can't use that password. Please choose another - Registering for MyVirginMedia

db12th14
Joining in

Hello

I am new Virgin Media customer and I am trying to register on MyVirginMedia.

I am not able to do this as whatever I try, I am getting the error "You can't use that password. Please choose another" when entering a password for my account.

I have tried both through a few browsers: Firefox, Chrome and Edge and also through the MyVirginMedia app on Android and get the same error whatever.

It says that "All password requirements met " but won't allow me to create a password whatever I try.  I can see from other Forum posts that this seems to be a common issue - please can someone help me solve this so can access my account?

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @db12th14

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the password issue, I will send you a PM now to assist further

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I was able to find a work-around that worked for me - I had read this elsewhere on the forum

I was able to register using a different email to one I placed the order with - this causes some additional screens to appear where you can register using the account number and area code.     I was then able to change my email back to the original one as part of the enrollment process and then no issues in setting a password (same password as I was trying before!)

Strange, but at least I am now enrolled with MyVirginMedia and can access my account.

Hi db12th14

Thanks for joining me on PM. Sorry for the delayed reply, was out of the office.

I am glad all sorted for you 🙂

Do pop back if you ever need anything

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill