cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong account number

LfgRichard
Tuning in

Hello

I have recently purchased Virgin Media Broadband but attempts to log in to my account give me my fathers account and account number without any way to access my account or plan. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi All 👋 just returning to the public thread to keep things updated.

Thanks to Lfgrichard for PMing with us 📩, we were able to clear a few things up and offer some support ensuring they were registered for My VM with the correct email address. 

I'm pleased to confirm it's now all sorted. Let us know if there is anything else you need our help with! 
Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi LfgRichard 👋 Thank you for getting in touch!

Sorry to hear about your difficulties with My Virgin Media. Did you register upon taking services with your new account information? If at any stage the email address you are currently using was linked with your dad's account, this would need re-pairing with your current services account. 

If you can please try registering first here 👉 Register My Virgin Media Account | Virgin Media with your current account details and let us know how you get on! If you get an error code or message for any reason, please let us know what this is!
Please do be aware if you can only have your email address linked to one My Virgin Media services account, and so if your dad is still using this to access his My Virgin Media account, either he will need to change his registered email account, or you will need to use a different one to register your new account with. 

It's also worth bearing in mind if you are a new customer, your services may need to be active and installed before you can get access to My Virgin Media. (This can sometimes take an extra 24 hours whilst our systems catch up.)

Thanks for your patience whilst we get things sorted. All the best! 🌞 

Molly

Thank you for your response.

This is a new account and the email I used is an ntlworld account which doesnt allow me to register sadly, I believe this has been linked with my dads account for many years which is likely what is causing this. What would be the steps to changing the email I use to access my account information? without being able to get into my account I am struggling to make any changes.

Thanks for getting back to us! Just so I can best offer support can you just make it a little clearer;

1) If your Dad still has active services with us.

2) If he is also using this Ntlworld account to access My Virgin Media for his services.

If the email address is no longer linked to an active services account it may have become orphaned (when an account is no longer linked to an active 'parent' account, and would be closed within 90 days). 

I just want to set the president that we may not be able to move an email account from a former account where you are not the account holder, into your current account where you are the account holder. We can transfer an email address from one account to another if the account holder is the same person and has the same name. This would be a transfer of ownership. It also does depend if the email address is a primary or secondary account. 

I'm also going to send you a PM 📩 so we can get a few details from you and take a further look. You can find this in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 

Thanks again for your patience in the meantime! 🌞

Molly

Hello

He is using it as an active account and is the account holder. I would want to change my accounts main email to a different one which I own in order to rectify this.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi All 👋 just returning to the public thread to keep things updated.

Thanks to Lfgrichard for PMing with us 📩, we were able to clear a few things up and offer some support ensuring they were registered for My VM with the correct email address. 

I'm pleased to confirm it's now all sorted. Let us know if there is anything else you need our help with! 
Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Hey Molly 

I have a similar issue in the app my account number is wrong. When i started with virgin i gave a wrong address and had to cancel my first order but when this was corrected i was provided another account number. So, now i am using a new account but I am not able to access it in my virgin media app. Instead it brings me to my older account. Can you please help me with a transfer as well? 

Hello manx151089.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are also having an issue with  your online account
I'd like to take a look into this for you and get it all sorted.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

manx151089
Joining in

Hey Gareth please give me access to my virgin account it will be helpful

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @manx151089,

Thanks for coming back to us about this. I can see that you sent our colleague a Private Message about this request.

They'll respond to you as soon as they're available.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs