cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sign in to Virgin Media app

Pete40
Tuning in

I have just rejoined Virgin Media after leaving because of mis selling without even getting connected. I thought I would give them a second chance. I have been given a new account and can't sign in. I was told by customer care that I had to be connected before I would be able to sign in, this did not happen the first time but they are adamant that this is right.The customer care agents are good politicians, they never answer a question 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Pete40,

Thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling to access your My Virgin Media account since rejoining us. 

As you'll have been given a new account number, you will either need to register again for My Virgin Media using a different email address or we can merge your old and new accounts together so that you can continue to sign in using your existing credentials.

It is true that sometimes you will be unable to register for My Virgin Media if your services have not yet been installed and activated, however the issue you're facing is likely to be because you're still using your old My Virgin Media log in details (presumably).

Let me know 😊

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Pete40,

Thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling to access your My Virgin Media account since rejoining us. 

As you'll have been given a new account number, you will either need to register again for My Virgin Media using a different email address or we can merge your old and new accounts together so that you can continue to sign in using your existing credentials.

It is true that sometimes you will be unable to register for My Virgin Media if your services have not yet been installed and activated, however the issue you're facing is likely to be because you're still using your old My Virgin Media log in details (presumably).

Let me know 😊

Beth

Hi Beth, thank you for your reply. I have my new account number and I did register with a different email address. The problem is when I open the app the old account comes up so I can't enter anything. I have tried trying to register again with VM with the new email and it says that it is already registered. If I then try to change the password it tells me I can't because there is not enough information for my account or something like that. If it means merging the two accounts as long as I can get it working so I can track my installation. Any help you can give will be gratefully received. 

Pete

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Pete40,

Thanks for getting back to us, I can certainly help to go about merging the two accounts into one, so that I can do his I will need to confirm some information from you in a quick private message, if you have not used this feature before you can access it via the envelope at the top of your screen.

joe