cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to setup online account - DEF01 error

Mike090321
Tuning in

Hi,

I've had virgin media since November 2022 and I've not been able to setup an online account. Two tickets have been raised to solve this (P011684634 & P011669532) and it has yet to be fixed, I am unable to do anything, view my bills, change parental controls, update direct debit details etc.

I am just finding the service really poor. Plus I am getting charged £1.75 for paper billing even though I can't setup an online account for paperless.

Please can someone look into this. I used to have a virgin media account a few years ago under the same email address, not too sure if that'd compound the issue.

I look forward to hearing back from someone soon.

All the best

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Akua_A,

Yes I do have an alternative email address I could provide if you think it would help? Do you want to send me a private message, so I can give you this information?

Many thanks

Mike

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mike090321,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts. 

Sorry to hear you have been having issues with your online account. We can understand the frustration caused and want to help best. It appears that your email address may still be attached to the account you had with us years ago. Do you have an alternative email address you can use to register for your new account? https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/register When happens when trying to register?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Akua_A,

Yes I do have an alternative email address I could provide if you think it would help? Do you want to send me a private message, so I can give you this information?

Many thanks

Mike

In this case, are you able to try registering using that email here https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/register 

If you follow the steps required it should allow you to set up an account. If you are still having issues, please let me know and I will do my best to help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

I am still getting the same error message.

I have attached a screenshot for you to see the error.

I look forward to hearing for you with other solutions.

Best

Mike

Screenshot_20230404_121344_Chrome.jpg

Thank you for trying. In this case, I am sending you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad to have been able to help @Mike090321 

All the best to you too 🙂

Akua_A
Forum Team