cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register an account (DEF01 Code)

Gernhill
Joining in

Hi 

I have just signed up to broadband and cannot create an account. 
Each time I try, I get an error message 

Oops, we've ran into a problem.
Wait a minute and try again. If this doesn't work, please come back later. (Code: DEF01)

I have tried using a different browser, with no luck.
I can see that this happened to other community members but I can't find the solution.
Please help!

Thanks

Gernhill_0-1645117367520.png

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

58 REPLIES 58

Hi @alex41

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post! Great to have you on board with us 🙂

I am so sorry to hear that you are also effected by this error when trying to sign up for your online account. It is an a wider issue we are aware of and our support team are looking into this. 

I will pop you a PM now to take a closer look into this. Please keep your eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of our screen alerting you to a new message.

Cheers

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, I'm having the same issue. I keep getting code DEF01 when trying to make a new account. Are you able to help?

jarednl97
Joining in

Can I get help for the DEF01 error.

I’ve cleared my cache, change browsers, gone to the app and still not working. We’ve had the account for over 3 weeks and can’t register.

HI jarednl97, thanks for the message. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with this, can you confirm if this is both the online account also? ^Chris 

jordanhardie
Joining in

Hello,

Similar problem for me when I try to register my account, it is now not accepting any password i put in despite meeting the criteria saying 'You can't use that password.'

Tried various options, please can someone have a look at this 

Kind regards

jordanhardie_0-1655454002502.png

Hi jordanhardie,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're unable to register for an online account.

We have been made aware this issue has now been resolved, so you should be able to register for an online account as long as you have an active service with us.

Can we ask if you if you have tried a different web browser and device? Also, clearing all cookies, caches and history will help. 

If you have not yet been installed, you will be unable to register for an online account until your services are installed and become active. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

im having the same problem, im no longer getting the Unable to register an account (DEF01 Code) but it says ''You can't use that password. Please choose another. despite meeting all the criteria'' 

yes I've tried 3 browsers and cleared cookies

Hey @alex41,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

I am having the same issue, please can you advise?

Hi @Shree6277,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post! Great to have you on board with us 🙂

I am so sorry to hear that you are also effected by this error when trying to sign up for your online account. 

I will pop you a PM now to take a closer look into this. Please keep your eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of our screen alerting you to a new message.

Cheers

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs