cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register an account (DEF01 Code)

Gernhill
Joining in

Hi 

I have just signed up to broadband and cannot create an account. 
Each time I try, I get an error message 

Oops, we've ran into a problem.
Wait a minute and try again. If this doesn't work, please come back later. (Code: DEF01)

I have tried using a different browser, with no luck.
I can see that this happened to other community members but I can't find the solution.
Please help!

Thanks

Gernhill_0-1645117367520.png

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gernhill, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue registering for a My VM account.

If you only joined us within 48 hours then it may be that the system hasn't quite caught up yet and therefore creating the error. I can double check things with you though. 

To do that I will need to pass data protection with you and also confirm some information for the registration. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

58 REPLIES 58

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gernhill, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue registering for a My VM account.

If you only joined us within 48 hours then it may be that the system hasn't quite caught up yet and therefore creating the error. I can double check things with you though. 

To do that I will need to pass data protection with you and also confirm some information for the registration. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gernhill, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

I am happy to hear things are resolved for you now. If you do have any further issues, pop back here and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi, sorry, but I have the same problem. Can you tell me the solution, please? Thanks

Sorry, It's solved now!

Hi luciagaito,

Thank you for the update, glad to hear this has now been resolved, how was this fixed?

Regards

Paul.

Sorry, I have a problem. I don't know if I'm already registered in the Virgin Media Account. I think so, but when I try to log in I have an error message:

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

I urgently need to change the date of the delivery of the router, because I'm moving in a new house and I'm still not in the property. 
Thanks for the support you would like to give me.

Hey @luciagaito,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues accessing your online account.

Please can you clear your browsers cache and try to open your online account again?

Regards,

Steven_L

Done! But it didn't work. Neither in the phone browser. Because now i enter in the login page, but, putting into the form my login and password, i get a different error.

OOPS, looks like something's gone wrong on our side. Please try again

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 11.55.19.pngScreenshot_20220513-155646_Chrome.jpg

And I'm surely logged in, because in the top-right  button of my account I can sign out.

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 16.15.17.png