Menu
Deffers
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unable to log in to my Virgin account

Hi

Hoping someone may be able to help me please.

We are moving to a new home soon and I wanted to have a look on my account to check a few things out but I can't log in. This has been the case for a while now and the site says it doesn't recognise my email which is odd as I received my contract to the same email address.

Can anyone advise what I should do please

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to log in to my Virgin account

@Deffers Was this login attempt via the app or the web site?  I'm guessing the app as you have posted on the app board, but just wanted to check.

I know there was a holding page on the web site earlier due to some overnight maintenance work, which I think is finished now.  Probably not related to your issue but might be worth trying to login again now and try it via https://my.virginmedia.com/ rather than the app.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Deffers
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Scott

It doesn't matter if I used the app or desktop I keep getting the doesn't recognise me message. It's crazy they send emails to me and contract stuff yet they are saying not recognised
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Deffers

Welcome back to our Community, I was sorry to understand that you're having some issues logging into your online account currently. As our VIP @SCA1972 advised, our MyVirginMedia pages we're down for maintenance today; this should have bene restored by around Midday but we know that some customers are still impacted by the works going on in the background. 

Now, your contact email that we use to get in touch with you is not always the same as your log in email (username) - that is entirely up to you and would depend on how it was initially set up. 

Have you been through the forgotten username options to gain access? Let us know how you get on with that and if you're still struggling, we can pop you a Private Message and go through security with you to help you out. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Deffers
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie

Sorry for the late reply. I still can't access my account. I've tried with a Virgin email address now as well and can't open my conformation email as I can't access the account. I think the only way around this is to reset everything so I can start afresh. I've tried 3 different email addresses now and need to get this sorted asap as I need to notify Virgin of a change of address, we are moving house in the next 4-6 weeks

Could you let me know if my account can be reset please

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Deffers,

Thanks for dropping back - I'm really sorry to hear you're still having issues accessing your online account.

I'll try and get you back into the account, but will just send you a private message first so I can confirm a few private details.

Please look out for the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Many thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos