cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create my virgin media account

Simonmeredith
Joining in

When I try to sign up for a my virgin media account, I just get an error message:

Oops, we've ran into a problem.
Wait a minute and try again. If this doesn't work, please come back later. (Code: DEF01)

I think this is because I used to have a virgin media account with the same email address a few years ago. Any idea how I get it resolved? I'm within the 14 day cooling off period so if it's any hassle, I can just return the box and cancel.

Many thanks,

Simon 

4 REPLIES 4

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Simonmeredith,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with trying to register for your account, it seems that you have two issues with registering as the DEF01 error isn't related to you having an old account with us and is a totally separate issue. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you and find out what's happening with your account  but I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L 

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for conforming your details via private message @Simonmeredith, I have tried and come into the same issue that you have, when trying to register your account, so I have now raised this with our IT support team and I will get back to you as soon as I have any further updates.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

Many thanks for your help with this so far - much appreciated. Do you know how long the IT team tend to take with these sorts of things? It's not a ringing endorsement of Virgin media if I have to get problems fixed before I even start the contract, so I'm keen to cut my losses and return the equipment asap if this can't be resolved easily (this is absolutely no reflection on the help you have given which has been excellent - thank you!)

Simon

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

You're very welcome @Simonmeredith and I'm glad that we could get this sorted for you.

Regards,

Steven_L