cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service installed; App still setting up

OCollins
Joining in

Hi guys,

I had my broadband installed this week and the VM app is still saying it's "Setting things up".

I had ordered a self install kit for a new house but after we had cleared the property, we discovered we didn't have a VM isolator port. So I phoned up and an engineer was sent out the day before expected delivery - he said that he'll sort it out on his end and all we had to do was not accept the Yodel delivery.

Broadband is working perfectly well, the app is the only issue. I've tried singing out and uninstalling the app to no avail. 

Any help or advice would be appreciated 😂

6 REPLIES 6

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @OCollins 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are having issues trying to set up the app. We want to best help. Just to confirm what happens when trying to log in here https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media? Do you have similar issues? Also, what device are you trying to download the app on? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Akua_A,

No issues at all, I can sign in no problem. I can download and sign into the VM app but it says "Looks like your service may not be connected yet" - Despite my broadband working perfectly.

And I'm using a Motorola G8 power.

Thanks again 

Thank you for letting me know. Is your mobile operating system up to date? Also, do you get a similar issue with our connect app? https://virg.in/connectapp

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Hi and yes, everything is up to date on my OS. I'm not at my home network but I can sign in to the connect app no problem.

I hit the "Check my setup" prompt and it said that I'm all set up.

I believe the issue may have been caused by changing from Self install to engineer call out, mid way through dispatch.

In this case, to best look into this issue, I am sending you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad to hear this has been resolved for you 🙂 @OCollins Please do not hesitate to contact us of you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team