cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Verifying Email/Incorrect email associated with Account

ScottMalus
Joining in

Hi all,

Odd one that hopefully is more a bug than the alternative.

I've been with Virgin Media since April and logged into my My Virgin Media app a few times to review bills and such. This has always worked smoothly even if my billing reflected incorrectly, However it's been maybe 2 months since I logged in and wanted to check a few things so I attempted to do this today.

However upon logging in it has told me that my email hasn't been verified and to find the email titled "Verify Your Virgin Media email address".

Now I'd already done this back in April when I signed up but I decided to do as I was duly told. I go back and find the original email and click the click, It moves to a Complete Profile page then to a page that says "Verification Link Expired". This isn't all that unusual as it happens in other places, However, the email it asks to send a new verification email is not mine and is not anyone I know.

This means one of two things, My Virgin Media account is compromised and now associated with someone else or that the verification link was somehow reused for a different user and account. There have been no password or email reset/change requests emailed to me however so I'm hoping for the latter but again, Not good at all.

None of this is particularly great, I'm hoping someone can advise.

1 REPLY 1

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ScottMalus 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of the online log in issue. Normally this does mean you're trying to use a different email.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill