cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Contract Email

tc1983
Settling in

Hello 

I received a pop up offer on my Virgin Media App on Friday 19th presumably because my contract is up for renewal at the end of August. 

I then received an email with pre-contract documents outlining the offer. 

In no way did any document or email say i needed to accept within a specific timeline.

I contacted Virgin Media today to ask what they would offer me and a totally different offer was given (obviously more expensive), but said i had received pre-contract documents with a better offer so could they offer that. The advisor said that the offer had now been rescinded as it needed agreeing to 24 hours after the pre-contract email was sent and that "the pre-contract email hadnt gone through in the system". 

So i have a more expensive offer due to virgins mistake and poor communication. Could someone please tell me what is going on, and why receiving pre-contract documents with an offer isnt being honoured?

1 REPLY 1

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @tc1983 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that the offer that was offered previously is no longer available. 

Our offers and deals do change frequently so I am sorry if the communication was not clear that the offer was only available for a period of time. 

Pre contract agreements are sent for customer to view all the details of the contract before they agree to go ahead with the offer. This is part of the regulators rules that all contract information must be sent digitally to be viewed before they are agreed, there would have needed to be an agreement of the pre contract summary sent for the deal to have been accepted at our side and put through. 

If you are unhappy with your current package deal, please do consider giving us a call on 0345 454 1111 / 150 or via WhatsApp on 07305 327 112 our team will be more than happy to perform a package review for you for the deals we currently have available. They will ensure that you're on the best possible deal for your package.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley