cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please dont charge me for your mistakes.

TorquayUser1
Tuning in

Asked virgin to move the box they installed outside my house because it keeps getting driven over, they have sent someone out to check and agree it needs moving.

For my trouble they have charged me a setup fee of 25 pounds, and not done anything to sort the problem..

I've checked my media app for work planned and there is no mention of the problem.. 

Is Virgin Media Scamming me for a reason, am I a bad person for pointing out there ineptitude.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi TorquayUser1,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear about this trouble with the equipment outside your property.
Could you please let us know if you are referring to the omni-box (the wall-mounted brown box that connects to property) or the cabinet outside (big green or grey box at the street or pavement) so we have this clear?

Also, may I ask where you received this fee from and how you've been made aware of this too? 
We can then advise further on this.

Lastly, we would appreciate if you can post a picture of this box here, so we can pass it to the Fields team for review?

Looking forward to be of help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi TorquayUser1,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear about this trouble with the equipment outside your property.
Could you please let us know if you are referring to the omni-box (the wall-mounted brown box that connects to property) or the cabinet outside (big green or grey box at the street or pavement) so we have this clear?

Also, may I ask where you received this fee from and how you've been made aware of this too? 
We can then advise further on this.

Lastly, we would appreciate if you can post a picture of this box here, so we can pass it to the Fields team for review?

Looking forward to be of help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

TorquayUser1
Tuning in

Thank you for your reply, 

It's the small grey box that's attached to the side of my property,  it's now mostly black from the gorilla tape holding it together..

The charge was added to my bill, in March / April, an engineer did come around and agreed that the box needed moving, my wife was here as I work away..

Apparently he said he had contacted the relevant people to get it moved..

I will add photo of the box site.

Hi TorquayUser1,

Thank you for the update, please add some photos so we can get a better idea of what is is and who would need contacting.

Regards

Paul.

20220701_091802.jpg

Hi TorquayUser1,

Thank you for the image, does look like a strange place for the box however this will need to be sent to our are field managers to look into for you, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can get an internal omnibox for situations like this but it's comically large and I've never seen a customer accept it in their home

Hi TorquayUser1,

Thank you for joining me in a private chat and for clearing security, glad I was able to help and arrange for a technician to visit and hopefully get this moved for you to stop any further issues, you can view and reschedule the appointment if needed Via your Online Account.

If you do need any further help/ support, do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.