cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password not being accepted

urbancore88
Joining in

Hi

I have been trying to register for virgin media both on web and on app.  Every time I enter a password it comes up saying password cannot be used.

I have tried 6, 8,12, 64 letter passwords with a combination of special characters, capitals, numbers, etc.  I have tried different browsers with no luck

Please assist!

3 REPLIES 3

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @urbancore88,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some trouble attempting to register for a My Virgin Media online account. Please ensure that you're meeting all of the below criteria and try again.

•  Be between 8-64 characters.
•  Must start with a letter.
•  Contain at least one uppercase and one lowercase letter.

•  Contain at least one number.

•  Special characters are allowed but not required (e.g. ! # % & @).
•  Cannot contain easy to guess words, usernames, or previously used passwords.

If you're still unable to register the account after meeting all of the above criteria, please let us know what error message appears.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach

I have just tried again there now with the recommendations and unfortunately it didn't work. The error message that comes up is "You can't use that password. Please choose another."

I have been trying this for days and nothing works (even the most obscure passwords), I have tried all manner of browsers, chrome, safari, opera, etc. Clear cache, cookies and the rest.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response urbancore88,

So we can investigate this further I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain