mlm5051
Tuning in

Passkey authentication is failing when signing in to my virgin media

11 REPLIES 11

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @mlm5051 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you back. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your My Virgin Media account. Can I ask if you are logging into an account that you have previously been able to access or if you are registering a new account? 

Do you get an error message at all and at what exact step does this message appear? 

Sorry Ashleigh_C I’ve only just picked up this message, but it was 4 hours after I’d posted my question and I’d assumed there had been no response and it’s now 11:15 pm so I will try again when time allows

Hey @mlm5051,

No problem at all, take all the time you need to check this, once you have done so if you can provide the information we have requested we will certainly look into this for you.

Cheers. Joe

mlm5051
Tuning in

Hi Joe again sorry just picked up your reply. What do you need me to do ?

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @mlm5051,

If you would like to provide the information as to what the error message is as well as what steps your taking here for us, we will gladly look into this.

Cheers. Joe

Hi Joe I am trying to connect my iPhone to my virgin media, the only way for me to get anywhere is to firstly clear the iPhone safari. Cache, I then try to connect to mvm using my ntlworld email address and my email address password, I then get a choice of how to connect if I choose to use the passkey and touch control I get a message authentication failed. It the just loops and the only way I can proceed is to clear the safari cache.

Extra to above if I choose to use the password to log in I get the same error Authentication Failed

Sorry the message is Sign in Failed Retry Authentication 

Hey @mlm5051,

I can see we are already discussing this with you via a private message with my colleague Daniel, if you would like to go back to him there he would be more than happy to help.

Cheers. Joe