cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old account stopping me registering new account

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello my wife recently cancelled her account with VM, I have now opened my own account, but every time I try and register, I get the same message, we have found you, you already have an account, and it is showing my wife’s email address not mine, I see other members have had similar issues, but I cannot see any solutions, I’m new to the forum so apologies if I have missed something, thank you 

8 REPLIES 8

Client62
Hero

This is one of the classic Virgin Media muck ups that they can not be **bleep** to solve.

It is using your email address and that is how it is locating the previous a/c.

Use a different email address and the issue will be overcome.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello thanks for the reply, I didn’t use the email address associated with the old account, I’ve tried two different email addresses, and still the same, I’ve been on the phone numerous times, they told me it could be because im using an ipad, another operator told me clear the cache, nothing worked, the only thing i can think of it’s picking up on our surname which is the same, why doesn’t virgin completely delete the old account, surely that would help, thanks again for your reply,

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Pete90,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Many apologies for the issues faced with registering, to clarify has there been any previous accounts that you have been linked with?

Regards,

Kain

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply, my wife had an account, which she cancelled last month, it was out of contract she can still log into it, and it says she has 90 days to retrieve any information she needs, I myself opened a new account on fourth of this month, with a new email address, but I have tied numerous times to get the app with my account number and new email address but it just comes back saying we have found you and showing the old account and email address, any help would be appreciated thanks.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No worries, thanks for the response there.

So we can investigate this further I've dropped you a PM to discuss further.

The message will appear within the purple envellope icon.

Regards,

Kain

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello didn’t receive the pm.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Pete90, thanks for the post and sorry to hear you haven't received our PM yet.

Please, check your inbox and you'll find our message there now.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Anytime, cheers! 🙂

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs