Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No access to virgin media app after house move.

Hi, 

After recently moving house I cannot see my account info on the Virgin Media app as it says I am no longer a customer. When looking at my recent contact emails I now have a new account number. Is there a way to update this to the new account number?

Bryce. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No access to virgin media app after house move.

It sounds like the proper process to move your old account to your new address has not been followed.  The Forum Team should be able to advise how this can be corrected.

It may be Monday before they respond, could be sooner depending on workloads.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bryce, thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear there's some confusion around the status of your account.

As Graham_A advised above, there is a dedicated 'Move & Transfer' process we use when you're moving home. This ensures any email address'/online account/phone numbers etc. transfer over with you to your new property. Was this not discussed at all when you let us know you were moving?

Did you provide notice to cancel your old account instead? Please elaborate on how this was all handled when you got in touch at the time & we'll be in a better position to help clear things up.

Tom 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for your response. I filled in the online form to notify of a house move. I was called regarding this and offered a better deal. After this it’s apparent I have a new account number. 

Bryce

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming Bryce. 

It's probably best we take a look from here so we know best how to help further - I'll send a PM shortly to confirm a few details & hope to hear back from you soon.

Tom