cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account number

RobR1596
Joining in

Hello. 

I had an old Virgin Media account, left Virgin Media and have rejoined at our new house. I need my new account to show under my email address as I used the same one. How can I sort this, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

You're very welcome @RobR1596 and please keep me updated.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @RobR1596,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your question here on the forums.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

You're very welcome @RobR1596 and please keep me updated.

Regards,

Steven_L

I'm having the same issue. Can you help?

Hi ramiz_ali, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I would love to help you arrange the transfer of your email address from a former account to your existing account. To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

stevieH1
On our wavelength

Hi,

Same issue here. I had VM booked to install full package a month ago. Unable to install TV element so had to cancel and book BB and Phone only. New contract issued but email still registered to old contract which never happened.

I actually spoke to someone on the phone a week ago who said it would take a few days to sort out but nothing has happened. New BB being installed on Saturday but unable to see anything in the app until this is sorted.

Thanks.

Hi @stevieH1

Welcome back to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear that you've had to cancel the TV service as we weren't able to install and now have some concerns with your email.  

Are you trying to register for your online account for your new account with just broadband and phone? If you did not create/register for an online account with your previous account, then you should be able to complete registration with your new details. 

Let me know what error messages or error codes you see when trying to register and we'll investigate this further.  

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

stevieH1
On our wavelength

Hi Carly,

Yes, i registered the original account which i had to cancel. Have taken out a new account (without TV) but my email is still registered to the old account which never happened. The email/old account needs removing so i can register the new account. I don't have an alternative email.

The new BB gets installed Saturday. Well, probably........ I am so far up to about 30 hours of my time, 15 posts/pm's, 1 day off work, 10 emails, 10 hours of phone calls, 10 livechats and 1 'I ain't drilling there mate, i'm off!'

Unfortunately Sky/Openreach doesn't go live with fast FTTP for another year so i am out of options.

Just to rub salt into my already gaping wounds the £115 cashback wasn't tracked as i assume i 'previously had a contract'. The contract, as mentioned above, never started as 'can't drill there mate' refused to install. Taking off the TV element means a new contract and no cashback as i had a non-starting contract the week before.

I will stop moaning now. I am sure it will all get sorted eventually.............

Thanks.

Ah really sorry to hear about the experience you have had installing with us and the issue with your account and cashback. I can certainly look into all this for you to see what can be done.  Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon.

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @stevieH1

Sorry I was not able to resolve this for you at my side. I have escalated your IT ticket and the team should look to have this resolved for you. If the do come back to us with any requests or further checks to do, we'll come back to you directly here to support further. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley