cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyVirgin wont accept any password

Gokane
Tuning in

I have received an email to set up my Virgin account so I can access my ebilling, but it wont accept any password I create. I have tried this in multiple internet browsers and cleared my browsing histroy, but it still doesn't work. It doesn't even explain why it can't accept that password. It's frustrating already and we haven't even started using your service. Not a great start.

29 REPLIES 29

Hey Messymane, thank you for the update. I am so glad the answers on the community helped you.

As you said you know where we are if you ever need anything again. 

I hope you have a lovely day. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

hi, I am also having this issue, tried the above/previously said ways to create a password but still nothing. never have i ever had any issues singing up to something, this shoulodnt even be a thing.

I had a difficult time too. I tried password suggestions and multiple combinations of passwords but eventually I used just 9 characters 8 letters and 1 number in any orderwith no special characters and even though I wasn't connected or had my router yet i was able to create an account so hopefully it will help you

nope, no luck at all, this ridiculous . its up to us to make a pw that we want - regardless if it's guessable or not. people can not register because of this system. get it sorted. Untitledpw.png

..Untitledpw2.png

I repeat, of all my time being on the internet  (27 years), i have never - NEVER had this much trouble registering, especially from a world wide company. utter disgrace. i can't even control my own account because of this system.

Hey @ashpenny, thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm so sorry to see you've had troubles with My Virgin Media and setting up a password for it.
There have been some issues with the password set-up recently and I apologise for that.
I will send you a private message - watch out for the purple envelope and we can investigate this further.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Haylesu
Joining in

I'm having the same issue. I've got my router and it's active as far as I'm aware as it's working. I've not had an engineer out for activation though. I would just like to make an account.

Hi, When I tried to make an account even though my router was on it wouldn't let me as the password would not go through until I followed the guidelines and made a password with just 9 characters of 8 letters and 1 number. The order doesn't matter and upper or lower case is fine but I didn't use any special characters like symbols, just letters and numbers so hopefully try that and see if it works for you 

Thankyou, I've tried that already and getting the same message. I've tried no end of alternatives.