cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyVirgin Broken

StanleyE
Tuning in

Hello all, new user here

Setting up my virgin media broadband and have run up into a bit of trouble. I was, for some reason, switched automatically to child safe browsing without my consent and notified of this via email. I was assured that I would be able to restore default settings via the MyVirginMedia app or website. On attempting to log on to do so however, the page just hangs. It doesn't load anything other than the loading symbol. I have tried on numerous devices, browsers and networks to no avail. On using the app to see if this would make a difference, it took me to a browser once more and I had the same issue. Is there something wrong with my attempts or is there a backend problem to wait out?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello, StanleyE.
Thanks for posting on our help forums and for joining the VM community, glad to have you on board! 🙂

We're sorry to hear of the issues with the errors showing when trying to switch off child safe option on your broadband via MyVM online.

We'd love to best assist with this, child safe is a default setting when signing up for our broadband services however you should be able to turn this off though your account with us.

Can you please advise if you've tried to change your child safe settings on both MyVM App and when logging via a browser here?

Also, are you able to make any changes in general apart from this option online, or do you get the same/similar errors there too?

Please, confirm and we'll advise more from there.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for getting back

Using the app takes me to an instance of the browser. I can't do anything as I'm stuck on an infinite loading screen after login. I have tried on numerous devices, networks and softwares. It is an issue on the backend I think.

Thanks again

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi again StanleyE, thanks for checking and confirming this.

Sorry to see your page cannot load and you're unable to make any changes or view your account info there.

In order to assist with this, I will send you a private message here soon.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs