cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My virgin media app

Kim82
Tuning in

Good evening 

I had been a virgin media customer but chose to leave on 4th October to re join them again recently with my new equipment being delivered today and we are now up and running again which is great 

The problem is it was all in my name last time but this time the account is in my husbands da name but with my email address still, I can’t seem to delete my old account t number in order to use te app with the new account, also I can’t use the my virgin media remote app or virgin media go 

can anyone help me out please as I’m really struggling with it all as i can’t seem to do anything 

kim x 

10 REPLIES 10

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You could try setting up the new My Virgin Media account with a different email address.  Otherwise wait for the VM Forum Team staff to respond. They may be able to get the old account removed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Kim82,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I can see you already have a thread open regarding this issue and you have been speaking with my colleague Ashleigh. 

Please do stick to one thread and avoid any duplication. 

Thanks 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kim82
Tuning in

Good evening 

I had been a virgin media customer but chose to leave on 4th October to re join them again recently with my new equipment being delivered today and we are now up and running again which is great 

The problem is it was all in my name last time but this time the account is in my husbands da name but with my email address still, I can’t seem to delete my old account t number in order to use te app with the new account, also I can’t use the my virgin media remote app or virgin media go 

can anyone help me out please as I’m really struggling with it all as i can’t seem to do anything 

kim x 

Hi Kim,

You have a thread open here and I can see Ashleigh has advised that as the services are now under a new customer it will not automatically transfer.

Could the account holder use an alternative email address to register their new account?

If there's any issues, please do get the account holder to get in touch with us directly so we can clear security on the account and help get them registered. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

My husband is now the account holder but we’re still using my email address !!!!!!

I have checked our systems and we would need to speak with your husband regarding this as he is the account holder. 

Please ask him to get in touch with us directly so we can clear security and help get the online account set up. 

Thank you 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

I have permission to speak to virgin media as we set this up when we took the new contract out 

Just to clarify, is your husband wanting to register for My Virgin Media, using your email address which is still tied to your former account? 

If that is the case, I can look to remove your email address from your old account so that your husband can then register using that.

If not, your husband can sign up using his own and it will allow him to progress. 

Let me know. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Yes my husband wants to use my email address for my virgin media 

could you please remove the old account

this would be appreciated