cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My virgin media app in a loop

1701-e
Superfast

Periodic resign in yesterday but when I do the biometric it goes back to initial screen.   I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app but still the same.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @1701-e thanks for your post although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised regarding My Virgin Media.

Do you know if this happens on an alternative device or browser please? Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @1701-e thanks for your post although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised regarding My Virgin Media.

Do you know if this happens on an alternative device or browser please? Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks

Tom_W

I can log in via browser.   It's the app that's the problem ....   Trying again after using the browser has let me back in via the app!

Hi @1701-e thanks for your reply.

Okay, so apologies it's not quite clear from your message if since logging in via the browser, your App is now working again?

If not, can you please try to uninstall the app and reinstall this to see if this helps?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Yes since using the browser I can now use the app for some reason.   It works now 

Hi @1701-e thanks for your reply - that's great news!
Glad it's all working again for you now 😊

Many thanks

Tom_W