Menu
philrooks
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My virgin media & skysports app

Is anyone aware if my virgin media is down. I'm unable to log into the webpage and get an error message, also my details are no longer recognised on the sky sports app.

Screenshot_20200726-162149.jpg

Screenshot_20200726-161215.jpg

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: My virgin media & skysports app

Were you successful in getting your blueyonder email address moved to your current account?

If so try using it to sign into My Virgin Media as it will likely have replaced your other address as the primary username for the account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
philrooks
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Not yet, the agent could not move it and sonhad to raise a ticket with I.T, I'm waiting on an email to say it's done. 

I can't even get to the page to try a different email it just gives the error message I've posted saying it's not available their end, just wondered if anyone else has the same problem.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Both the apps you mention are working fine for me and I don't see any other current posts with the issue.  So I would think it is a specific issue with your account, probably due to work in progress on your IT ticket.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Philrooks, 

Thanks for your post, I have seen your PM to Alex, she is on annual leave at the moment but I have still been able to look at the IT ticket she created. There is no update as of yet but these tickets could take up to 7 working days so please give them time to work on it. 

I do believe this new issue would have come off the back of Alex trying to resolve it, don't worry though she hasn't done anything wrong, its just a process that we need to go through. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
philrooks
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

thank you for your reply.

I now have access to my virgin media and emails via my blueyonder email address and this was sorted yesterday. however when I finished the call I then went to log into my sky sports and sky cinema and the username of my blueyonder email is not working. Will I need to register again???

Phil

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Philrooks,

Yes please try to register again and if that does not work we will continue to help. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
philrooks
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

not really anywhere to register, I enter my email and password and it asks for a 4 digit pin to remember. when I enter the pin it takes me to an error page as attached.

hope you can help.

phil virgin.PNG

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
philrooks
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have sorted it. I think the new email had to sync to sky overnight or has been sorted in the background. I then had to uninstall both apps for sky sports and cinema and re-install.

thanks for everyone's input.

phil
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Good to see that you have got it all sorted.

I notice you mention the Sky Cinema app.  In case you aren't already aware Sky Cinema channels can now be watched directly from the VM TV Go app.  The Sky Cinema app will be discontinued from 11 August.  See here for more info: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Sky-Cinema-is-on-TV-Go/m-p/4325332#M67702

0 Kudos