cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Virgin registration - Unable to register

jbarnes16503
Joining in

Lets talk about the registration process for My Virgin...

When you go to register you are asked for your email address. The page displays a message: 

Please enter the email address you used when purchasing your services.

So I do this. My email address takes the format firstname.lastname@gmail.com. A fairly common format I would imagine.

I then click continue and I am asked to provide a password. When doing this there are certain criteria that need to be met and these conditions get ticked off as you satisfy them. Fair enough. You also get a gauge that shows you the strength of your password.

So I provide a password. One that meets all requirements. I click continue and I get the following error message presented:

You can't use that password. Please choose another.

So what does that mean?? I didn't satisfy the securty criteria? (despite the website telling me I had)... or is my password similar to my sensitive data? (like my name for example). Utterly useless feedback.

So then I find myself putting completely random, enormous passwords into this form and I get the same result. I go to Google and I find this post marked as solved:

"solved" query 

So error message content aside (!!) am I to believe that I am unable to register for the My Virgin app / web because my email address has a full stop character in it? Is that really true? Surely 99% of people have had this issue? Are we expected to spin up entirely new email accounts just to accomodate the My Virgin platform?

Would love to hear from Virgin on this.

2 REPLIES 2

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jbarnes16503,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues registering for an online account

It seems like your email is not the issue, but the password could be. Have you tried different passwords to see if they work? 

I'll be more than happy to look into this further for you and see what I can do to help. I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details.

Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Paulina_Z

Yes I tried many passwords of varying length with many combinations. I tried on two separate devices with differing browsers. I also tried through the app. I even tried calling customer services who were unable to help me.They did however confirm that I do not have a registered My Virgin account with that email.