Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My Virgin Media registration.

I had Virgin broadband installed yesterday and all is working fine. However I am unable to register for the My Virgin Media in order to access my account. I have tried many times using both the Android app on my phone and using my PC. Each time I arrive at the same page that there is Essential Maintenance going on. I have gone round in circles and am quite exasperated with this.

Also, when I gave my details to the company representative who sold me the package he asked me for an email address and to decide on a password which I did there and then. I have also tried to log in to My Virgin Media using this email address and password but it doesn't seem to recognise these. So the question is, am I already registered or not. If I am then why can't I log in and if not why am I getting this Essential maintenance page and not able to register ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Virgin Media registration.

Hi GeoffS1

Welcome to our community forum pages and thank you for posting.

We are sorry for the issues experienced registering an online account. We can appreciate that this is a disappointing start to your time with us.

We are currently experiencing problems with some of our online services which can impact on the registration process and our team are working to resolve this as soon as possible. 

You can stay updated on this here  

Our apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply David. Regarding the second part of my post - are the email (Hotmail) address and password created with the salesman the ones I need to log into my account or not? If they are then I shouldn't need to register. However your system is not accepting these ie it doesn't recognise my Hotmail address as a valid username.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

We'd set the password which you'd use to clear security each time you call us to discuss your account. 

However we wouldn't set up a password for your online account as you'd need to ensure that your password is personal to protect your details.

It's like you'd have to register initially. You can do that here  once the technical issue has been resolved.

Hope this helps to clarify. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos